Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Potluck

 [Linkup to the Creative Exchange]

I have traded way up in the in-laws department; yesterday we spent the afternoon on top of a mountain in Carmel Valley with my Loved One's relatives, and it was a wonderful time.  We were with my LO's sister, niece, nephew and his wife and kids, and her relatives galore, and all are just the nicest people you can imagine, ranchers and horse people.  

We were at a rustic house that had many flowers -- wildflowers in the lawn, then wisteria and a beautiful lilac bush, and many other flowers and vines that I couldn't identify.  Unfortunately, it was very windy, so I wasn't able to get as many decent pictures as I wanted to, but I got a couple.
We had tri-tip and ham, homemade sausage of various kinds, salads galore, my LO had made baked beans and corn chowder, and there was a delicious strawberry cake and strawberry-rhubarb pies.  We drove down the mountain filled with delicious food, laughter, and good fellowship.  It was a lovely day.

The picture at the top is one I took after we got home -- I had bought a couple of beautiful flowers at a little shop and went out at sunset to try to capture them again.  It's one of those pictures that makes me say, wow, how did that happen?  Something about the way my particular camera captured the light in that one, in addition to a few textures, of course.

Monday Monday -- back to work, hope everyone had a nice weekend no matter what you were celebrating -- Easter, Passover, Spring -- it's all good.

19 comments:

Miriam said...

gorgeous gorgeous pictures, I love the lilac. I just found the creative exchange today!

joco said...

Hiya Elise,

What a nice name your parents gave you.

Like you said: degrees of opacity is the next step in layering. But....one step at a time :-)

Isn't it wonderful to be immersed in all different kinds of flower. Same here in my gardens now: too much at times and I find I have to put the camera away for a bit.

Lilac is very photogenic and your texture does it justice.

Unknown said...

Great shot the first one, love how there is a shadow of tulip.

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks, everyone -- Henrietta, people in my photo group are telling me to take the shadow out, but I kind of liked it . . . opinions on that?

Lisa Gordon said...

It sounds like it was a wonderful day Elise!
Your photographs are just beautiful. I especially love the lilac.
Gorgeous work on that one!

Thank you so much for sharing these today at The Creative Exchange.

I wish you a wonderful day!

lisa.

Rosie Grey said...

So beautiful! Your processing on that lilac is adorable!

Nancy said...

So pretty, the spring lilac. It will be some time before ours bloom, but they are budding now.

Gorgeous photos -- both of them. :)

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks very much for your comments --

Unknown said...

ooo I love these. Love the textures remind me of materials

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks very much, fairchildstreet --

Unknown said...

I'm loving your textured blooms!!

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks so much, Kristy --

Cat said...

The light is beautiful in that first shot...light can just make a photo magical!

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thank you, Cat --

Roan said...

The textures are amazing. I especially like the lilacs. Ours are blooming, so if I can just figure out this photoshop stuff...

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks, Roan -- and good luck on the Photoshop -- it's challenging, but you can do it.

Anonymous said...

Elise, I agree with you about the light in the first shot - it is lovely. And I think I'm liking the shadow! Nice job on the lilac also.

Simon said...

Your words read like a wonderful story-sounds like a marvelous day. I love that light filled image. How did that happen....me thinks it was you. Great shot.

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks, Bailey-road and Dorian -- I did take the shadow out and think I like it better.