Friday, April 15, 2011

Sunshine

[Linkup to Macro Friday]

I think that today is a count-my-blessings kind of day.  Here is my gratitude list:

1)   My Loved One is feeling much better.  He's been improving every day and now is getting around more and more.

2)   It's a nice, sunshiny day -- not too hot and not too cold.

3)   My "Blaze of Glory" rose is about to burst into, well, a blaze of glory.

4)   Tomorrow I start a four-Saturday class on botanical illustration at the local community college -- I'm very excited about that.

5)   My drawing class has started and I'm happy the way my first pastel drawing (of mushrooms) came out.   The pears . . . not so much, but hey, I've never used pastels before.  And never drawn a thing before 10 weeks ago.


6)   Eight more teaching days and the semester/year is over.  Enough said.

7)   The reception for my exhibit the other day was great -- many people came, they were excited about my work, found it very unusual and interesting, and I got a couple of inquiries about prints . . . it was great.

Well, that's about it for today.  What's on your gratitude list?


14 comments:

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

Love your macro... SO wish that I could draw...but alas, one must have talent.. and you certainly do!

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks, Mom -- believe me, I have never drawn before 10 weeks ago and have no talent -- but I've found that instruction really helps (you'd think as a teacher I would have guessed that :)

Evelyn S. said...

It seems that you have many things to be thankful for! I need to start a gratitude journal. Your mushrooms are impressive, in my opinion...and I'm happy your Loved One is doing better.

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thank you, Evelyn! I'm always going to start a gratitude journal . . .

deb duty said...

I absolutely love your macro shot! The composition is interesting and the blue background is the perfect contrast. Gorgeous flower too! And I love that you posted a gratitude list. It's a nice reminder to stop and remember all that I'm thankful for.

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks so much, Deb! I think that Gerbera daisies are very photogenic.

Leovi said...

Beautiful colors, pure delicacy, a deliciously exquisite beauty

Nancy said...

I think your pastel drawing looks very promising, for your first one! You have so many talents (photography, writing, drawing) -- your days must be very busy.

Hope you are having a nice weekend. :)

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Yes, all of that in addition to my *real* job -- I'm really enjoying drawing, something I've never done before --

Courtney said...

Beautiful! I absolutely love the first shot!

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks, Courtney --

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

I'm grateful that my daughter has started sleeping through the night (knock on wood). I can't believe you've never drawn anything before-that picture was great, and I love your photo. Thanks for coming by blog today!

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks, Becky -- that's huge!

Katy Noelle said...

Elise, it has its ups and downs but living - life - it's so wonderful. I enjoy Blogging from that female perspective of getting to know you more. The smaller details and happenings beyond just the photography forum. I'm enjoying reading through your Blog very much. (I am beginning to feel self-conscious about the string of comments that I'm leaving, though. heh, heh.)