[Link to KK Texture Tuesday]
Continuing the list from the other day:
6. I love to watch a good movie. Don't we all? Don't you love it, when you're transported out of your ordinary life for a couple of hours? Some of my favorites: Cinema Paradiso; Casablanca; Jean de Florette; Love, Actually (a bathtub CD, but an excellent one). I could go on but will save further discussion of movies for another day.
7. I love to travel. Well, okay, actually I don't like the traveling part at all, but I like it once I get to where I'm going and am settled in my home-away-from-home and able to relax and enjoy a new place. My husband and I have a long list, which we're hoping to be able to start checking off: London, Paris, Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice), Greece to Istanbul, St. Petersburg . . . the list goes on. Hope to be blogging about these places soon.
8. I love to play computer games, RPGs* in particular. Okay, I've said it. I'm sure it seems somewhat incongruous for someone who's supposed to be an academic, but I've been playing them since my ex went into the computer industry in the late '70's. I've played everything from the original Bard's Tale and Castle Wolfenstein to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Dragon Age II, both of which are calling my name right now, but I don't have time to play. :( I love the experience of becoming immersed in a world for a few weeks or months, building up a character that's a reflection of yourself (I always wind up a human Paladin), and living out an interesting story that's much more exciting than your real life could ever be. More on that another time as well.
9. I love to write. But you probably knew that.
10. I love spending time with my husband. I have been blessed, this late in life, to find the man of my dreams, an excellent man, who supports me in everything I do, who allows me to be who I am, and who takes care of me in the ways I like/need to be taken care of. I hope I return the favor to him, every day.
This has given me lots of ideas for future blog posts. Thanks, Cat! I invite you to do the same, on your blog.
[*Role playing games, mostly of the fantasy kind.]