Friday, April 29, 2011

A Droid!!!

My Blackberry has been going downhill for a while -- I think that the effective life of mobile phones is just about the two years you have to sign a contract for.  Lately, the old BB has been going black (but comes back on if you turn it upside down), the phone will ring even if it's on vibrate, etc. etc.  And of course, having a Blackberry, I was about two or three years behind the times -- I think my friends got their iPhones a couple of years ago.

 My Joseph's Coat Rose

So, today I found out that I was okay for an upgrade, and since I have no impulse control whatsoever, I had the Samsung Galaxy a couple of hours later.  It's so cool!  And it allows me to link up with iPhoneography this week.  It came with a car charger and Bluetooth, which is great, and it has full GPS in it, and all kinds of cool stuff (including Kindle).

 My Hot Cocoa Rose

And, I got Angry Birds, which I think everyone in the world but me has played, I think.  I can see that it could become a giant sinkhole of time.

  Some Plants on my Patio

So now I'm one of the cool girls.  My son has had a Droid for a long time, so I'm sure he will be as scornful as a mid-twenties kid can be (he always makes fun of my forays into technology), but I don't care.  I like it.
The Aforementioned October -- Linkup to Camera Critters

8 comments:

Nancy said...

You have about as much willpower as I do! I've had a blackberry for a little over a year now and it serves its purpose for now.

I have to say your new phone takes beautiful photos. Great choice!

Marg said...

I agree I'm sure mobile phones only have a 2 year life (max) these days. I have an android phone for a year now and have been very happy with it. I'm going to have to check out Angry Birds as this is the second time this week I've heard it mentioned, so you're not the only one that hasn't played it. Thanks for the link to iPhoneography I'll have to check it out.

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

I have no willpower. None. If I decide I want something, it's unusual for me not to have it the next day -- it's shameful, really. I really did love my Blackberry -- we had a good run together. But this new phone is so exciting :) Thanks for your comments.

MarieElizabeth said...

Good for you - you'll have a great time with all the things it can do. And yes, Angry Birds is a complete time-sucker and fun anyway. Also, look for words with friends, it's scrabble you play back and forth with others. Also a bit addicting.

Rae said...

Lovely post! Love, love your roses.
Thanks for stopping by, it was great having the grandchildren...now I'm wiped out. but happy!

Anonymous said...

Love that first pic! Following you now from iphone hop and I've never played angry birds. Hubby plays-I take pictures ;0)

Courtney said...

Elise, these are beautiful! thanks so much for linking up!

Sara said...

Sometimes we need to turn off our cell phones because we need to enjoy more the nature and the life is around us, but sometimes need to enjoy technology too, for example i love to play with my family word with friend