Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My plans for the wee hours of April 29th --

They (Buckingham Palace, I guess) have released the schedule for the Royal Wedding, and by googling the time difference, I calculate that I'll need to be up around 2 AM to see all the festivities I want to see.  The wedding itself should start around 3 AM, my time, but I don't want to miss anything.

I wouldn't miss it for the world, because in a way, Prince William and I are related.  In a way.  When I was 9 or 10 or so, I had two goals in life:  to be Miss America and to marry Prince Charles.  The Miss America thing fell rather quickly by the wayside, and I decided to be a doctor, but the Prince Charles thing kind of hung around for quite a while.  So I have ever since then taken a keen interest in the Waleses, and just as I was up at 2 AM for the wedding of Charles and Diana, I will be up at the end of the month to see Wills and Kate wed.

Though the years have more than dimmed my appreciation for Prince Charles, it seems as though Wills is a decent sort and has a lot of his mother in him, which is all to the good.  And Kate seems like a lovely young woman.  I will sit with a full box of kleenex and wish them all the happiness in the world.

Will you be getting up with me?  We could chat while the ceremony is going on :)

5 comments:

Cat said...

That is sweet! I won't be getting up with you but love the idea of you cheering them on :)

Lisa Gordon said...

I LOVE it Elise!
Thank you for the smiles!
I wish you a beautiful weekend!

Barbara Swanson Sherman said...

Elise, I can top you--I got up for the weddings of Princess Anne, Diana, Sarah Ferguson and even Sophie and Edward, plus the funeral. I'll definitely be up for Wills and Katherine.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture. Looks like a painting!

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks, everyone -- Barbara, I did Sarah and Andrew and the funeral, but you've got me on Princess Anne and Sophie and Edward. I do remember the pictures from Anne's, though.