[Linkup to Flowers on Saturday]
At the beginning of each semester, I have students get to know one another by playing a game. They tell the class three things about themselves, one of which is not true, and the other students have to guess which one isn't true. I like lists of things you might not guess about a person, so I'll do one here, except . . . one of these things isn't true.
1. I taught ballroom dancing at an Arthur Murray studio.
2. I spent a summer in Germany with my relatives when I was in high school.
3. I ice skated competitively as a kid and had dreams of going to the Olympics (all of which came to nothing).
4. I had a poem published in a magazine when I was 15.
5. I enjoy a kind of embroidery called "blackwork," which had its origin around the time of Queen Elizabeth (the first).
6. After nearly flunking out of college the first time around, I graduated summa cum laude with my bachelor's degree.
7. In my early 20's, I was part of a singing sextet at a fancy restaurant for a year.
8. My mother was a successful artist whose line of sculptures was collectible and can be found on eBay.
9. My father was in vaudeville at the age of five.
10. I am a "bird person" who has had bird companions from a tiny parrotlet to a huge Moluccan cockatoo.
So which do you think is not true? :)