Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ta Da --

I've been looking for a new laptop for a while - my old behemoth (7.5 lb) has served me well for 3+ years, seeing hard use every day.  It was so heavy because I wanted extra graphics capability, and not too long ago the hard drive crashed and I wound up putting around $400 into it.  But it's still acting weird and a little glitchy so . . . 


Here it is!  An ASUS Zenbook Ultrabook Prime.  It only weighs a little over 3 lb., the display is absolutely gorgeous, and it runs Photoshop waaay faster than the older one.  Only problem:  the type on the menus, tools, etc. is very tiny.  Fortunately, I've done PS for long enough so that I don't have to get eyestrain from searching for things, and maybe this is the push I've needed to finally learn the darned keyboard shortcuts.  

I've spent the past two days getting things set up and moving necessary files over and getting the old laptop (Toshiba Satellite -- still recommended for someone who wants a full-size laptop) ready for presentation to the mister, who really wants it.

In the meantime, I've been processing more dahlias:


I like this one, because it's grungy but still pretty colorful.  It's another one for which the background was pretty cluttered and texturing it really saved it.  I also like this one:  

Linkup to Flower Art Friday

I think the green really sets the flower off, doesn't it?

I also want to give a big welcome to the new followers that have come over from A Rural Journal.  Though this is a smaller community than Nancy's, I love hearing from you and hope you find something interesting or enjoyable here.  And tomorrow the giveaway (on Nancy's site) closes!

Oh yes, I want to start a photography meme very soon, so stay tuned for that!



8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

congrats on the new laptop! glad you are off and running on it!

Jeanne said...

Oh what fun! a new computer! Love your photo processing on these flowers!

Vicki Boster said...

Wow--you must be SO excited about your new computer!!! ( we bloggers are all about our computers!!

Your photography is truly amazing-- it's so evident that photos-- beautiful photos-- are your passion. As much as I love dahlias - your photos have elevated that to a whole new level!!

Thanks for your visit and for your interest in my Grow Your Blog party. I'll have a party badge for us all to share and the official "sign up post" sometime in October. I'm sure we can get lots more followers for your beautiful blog. I'm getting excited already!!! Watch for my official party post---

Vicki

Anonymous said...

Excited about the meme. Have often thought of starting one but it has never gone any further. I just wanted to let you know that Hotmail wiped out my inbox and I seem to remember there was an email from you...I just wanted to let you know that I'm not ignoring you ;)

Candy C. said...

I really like the processing on your pictures and the green background really does make the color of the flower POP!!
Congrats on the new computer too! My desktop has been acting up recently, I guess I should take it to the 'puter doctor.
I recently changed my screen zoom level from 100% to 125% so that I could read it easier! LOL!!

Gail Dixon said...

Well, congratulations on the new toy! That's always fun. I love the shots of your dahlias and the grunge textures. Really nice!!

Ida said...

New computers are fun but sometimes hard to learn. Enjoy yours.
Love that Dahlia shot you did for Flower Art Friday.

Nancy said...

Congrats on the computer. We will be expecting super-human computing from you now on. Lol.