Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Post script to today . . .

We had a great day going to the Butterfly Garden and Butchart Gardens.  The Butterfly Garden was just amazing -- we stayed until we all felt overwhelmed with the heat and humidity.  The butterflies were gorgeous -- but very difficult to capture! -- and they had two flamingos that were so beautiful!  I don't know how many pictures I took, but between that and Butchart Gardens, I filled up a 4GB card (I left my 8GB card at home, unfortunately).  So I have many pictures to process . . . they'll show up over the next few days, I guess.  Here's a flamingo one to start:


The light was very tricky, because there was light from the roof that was very strong, but the rest of the scene was fairly dark.  So my highlights are pretty blown.  But other than that, I like it. 

The butterflies were just gorgeous, but so hard to capture.  Even when they would light on a flower, they were still fluttering.  And some (more about the big blue one tomorrow) I swear were taunting us. So here's a starter butterfly:



More tomorrow!  I promise!

4 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

That is a gorgeous photo of the flamingo, I think you did great with the lighting. I love your shot of the butterfly too.

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks! The flamingo was kind of dragging his/her beak through the water, eating, I guess. I appreciate your stopping by!

Privet and Holly said...

What a fantastic trip
you are on, Elise!! I
visited Vancouver in
January with my daughter,
who looked at a college
on Granville Island. It's
now the "back up" school
on her list. Love Victoria,
too, as well as the Pac NW,
where my parents live.

Enjoy your adventure! Your
pics are really lovely and
what a GREAT way to celebrate
your new life!!

Happy Thursday,
xo Suzanne

TexWisGirl said...

lots of great color in these. :)