Thursday, May 19, 2011

Artist Access Day at Filoli

This afternoon I have a ticket for an Artist Access Day at Filoli, a historic estate with a mansion and huge flower gardens.  Once a month, they let painters and photographers enter when the place closes at 3:30 and stay until 6:30.  It's a beautiful place with unbelievably beautiful flowers and so many lovely vignettes to photograph.  The last time I went, there were probably no more than 30 people in the whole huge place.  I'm going with a bunch of people from my photography club -- we're just going to meet and say hi, then go our own ways.  Here are a couple of pics from the last time I went:


It's been raining a lot here, but today the weather is supposed to be nice -- around 74 degrees and partly cloudy, with little wind.  I hope to be back with some nice pictures to show! 

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful photos! hope you can get many more!

Lisa Gordon said...

A photographer's dream!!
I hope you have a wonderful time Elise, and I look forward to seeing your photographs from the day.
The ones here are just beautiful.

Nancy said...

I'd be like a kid in the candy store. Wonderful outing. I'm so looking forward to your photographs. :)

Friko said...

Gorgeous! I love the purple and yellow arrangement.

betty-NZ said...

Lovely shots. Such a shame that more don't turn up for the event.