1. I've been missing my mother a lot this week. I don't know why; I just have. She's been gone for 23 years and I still think about her every day, especially now that I'm doing art, as she did. Here's a picture -- even though it's a crummy picture (not taken by me!), I love it. This says "mom" to me:
We laughed a lot at my house.
2. After all this time, I finally learned how to copy a mask from one layer to another in Photoshop. This is huge as far as I'm concerned, because before this I never would have taken on this picture:
Linkup to 5 Fact Friday
I spent way over an hour doing one layer mask of this complicated pic -- I never would have done it, if I'd had to do it over and over (which is what I've been doing). Duh.
3) I decided to give up the tiles I've been trying to make for Open Studios -- I just can't get them done to my satisfaction, and since I'm already waking up at 2AM, worrying, I decided to take that one bit of stress off me. Maybe next year.
4) I'm really excited to take on my next project, as soon as Open Studios is over -- I'm developing an e-course called "The 'G' Word," and I'm really looking forward to doing it. More news to come! I hope it will be offerable in January. Okay, maybe February.
5) A big surprise for me: I'm looking forward to teaching at the end of January. When I left, I thought I'd never want to go back to work again, and I really have been trying to avoid being there, but I'm getting busy on my two classes for Spring, when Open Studios is over. (Can you tell that my life is totally focused on that at this moment? :P )
So there you have it. I enjoy this meme -- it means I have to stop and think for a second about what's up with me this week. I like it.