1. It is a fact that I have 99 followers. 99, people! Won't someone step up and make it 100?
2. I once was a vocalist in a supper club show, when I was young (and slim); I've always appreciated great vocalists. I came across this video of Luther VanDross singing at the NAACP Image Awards some years back, and it is stunning.
3. I love macro photography, but I'm not very good at it (yet). One problem: my hands shake a bit, and I'm not one to have my tripod at hand in those situations. Bugs or butterflies confound me. You have to have a lot of light. But sometimes I get something that's okay. These are quite small berries on a tree:
4. I wish my name were Melisande or Maeve or Melanie -- anything but Elise.
5. Our daughter wants a gecko. Actually, she wants anything, a mouse, a lizard, a frog, something. We keep reminding her that we have cats, one of whom is a mighty hunter (Buttercup) who would not rest until the mouse/lizard/frog/gecko was hers, for lunch. Here's a gecko who posed for a picture at a Canon macro workshop I went to once:
Cute, right? The only lens I will ever in my life want any more (seriously, Ed), is the Canon 180mm macro I used to take this picture.
Happy Friday! Hope you have a great weekend planned. Me, I'm putting books back on shelves.