Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hey everyone --

I've had a great week with my sister.  The first time she came here, a couple of years ago, we did "big" things -- whale watching, Big Sur, the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco.  But this time, we kind of hung out and did things close to home.  Of course, Saturday and Sunday were given over to Open Studios, but Sunday night we had friends and family over for a steak barbeque and that was a lot of fun.  

Sea lions at the wharf

We went to my watercolor class on Thursday, and yesterday we went to A Work of Heart to do a class called "Juicy Collage."  We all (including daughter) came out with collages we were happy with -- pics tomorrow, I hope.  It was big fun.  

Pelican outside Stagnaro's

Today we went down to the wharf, bought the requisite t-shirts, had lunch at Stagnaro Bros.  on the wharf, and stopped by Marini's, where they have every candy you've ever dreamed of, including chocolate covered bacon.

Then we took a drive down West Cliff, stopping to watch the surfers at Steamer Lane.  It was a nice relaxed day to end our time together. 


Steamer Lane surfer

We had a pizza dinner and then played cards, just us girls (my Loved One was playing in his darts league).  

We had a good time together.  I'm sad she's leaving tomorrow and even sadder that we live so far apart (me:  California; she:  Minnesota).  But at least we got to spend this week together.  There's something about people who have known you your whole life -- you never feel quite as comfortable with anyone else . . . 

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like the quiet times spent with family - especially sisters. :)

beautiful pelican and really nice surfer photo.

Candy C. said...

I much prefer quiet visits with family and friends!
How in the world did those sea lions get up there?!?

Carly said...

Looks like a fun place to visit. My sister did some studying at Big Sur in college, but I've never been.

Chris Flynn said...

I'm so glad you had a good visit. I love seeing all the fabulous spots that makes Santa Cruz so wonderful! Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I hope all is alright on your corner of the world. xxo

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics. Mom says she had fun. Tell everyone hello and love and miss you all.