1. My favorite movie is Cinema Paradiso. No matter how many times I watch it, I always wind up in a puddle of tears. There's something that really speaks to me about the man's life, and then it's so sad at the end when the . . . well, maybe I shouldn't post a spoiler. If you've seen it, you know what comes at the end.
2. I love roses. This is my little teeny tiny Tequila Sunrise rose -- it's about two years old and it's finally a little more than a foot tall. It has two beautiful blooms. I also have Hot Cocoa, Westerland, Blaze of Glory, and Joseph's Coat. I have to give credit to the woman who tends my garden -- thanks, Jana.
3. I love Shakespeare, ever since I was about 13. I like so many of the plays -- but my favorites are the plays in the Henriad -- Richard II, Henry IV Part 1, Henry IV Part 2, and Henry V. What I like even better, though, is to teach Shakespeare to students who think they won't like it. They most usually do.
Here's the other bloom on the Tequila Sunrise.
4. When we were little, my German grandma would make us spaghetti noodles sauteed with butter, sugar and cinnamon. I've never know anybody else who's eaten this. Anyone ever had it?
5. The first dog I ever had was a Shetland Sheepdog named Bonnie Lassie. She was a wonderful dog. She was easily trained and very well behaved. When my parents had parties, my brother would dress her up in pajamas (with her tail coming out the fly) and send her down to the living room.
A single Westerland rose --
So those are my five facts for today -- what are your five facts? :)