1) Thank the blogger who awarded me and link back to her.
2) Share 7 things about myself.
3) Pass the award along to 15 other newly discovered blogs.
So, seven things about me that you don't already know . . .and I realize that I did this kind of thing once before, so I have to come up with NEW things:
1. I was married for 28 years, then remarried three weeks after my divorce papers were signed. The craziest thing I've ever done, but it has turned out very well.
2. I was quite religious as a kid, but now I'm not really any more, though I love Christian imagery and music.
3. I love mythology and have taught a class on contemporary writers that use mythology as their subject matter. Medusa is my favorite.
4. I love having a garden, but I hate to garden. So I have a wonderful woman (who is now my friend) who does everything for me.
5. I skipped first grade. This caused all kinds of problems in my life.
6. I started out thinking I'd be an actor in life, as my dad was -- but then I decided I'd be mediocre, so I became a teacher instead, which to me is just another kind of performance art.
7. I'm the only person in my extended family who has finished college, and I went all the way to a Ph.D. This has made me a kind of freak in my family.
So there you have it. Here are the bloggers and blogs I really enjoy, and since I'm pretty new to blogging, they are all "newly discovered," as far as I'm concerned:
1. Nancy at A Rural Journal
2. Henrietta at Homesick
3. Dawn at Bohemian Valhalla
4. Kristin at Faded Prairie
5. Adrienne at La Vie Quotidienne
6. Kristy at Life-N-Reflection
7. Linda at Linda J. Makiej Photography
8. Kristi at Live and Love Out Loud
9. The Muses at The Mortal Muses
10. Bonnie at Pixel Dust Photo Art
11. TexWisGirl at The Run*A*Round Ranch Report
12. Cat at The Whimsical Gardener
13. Christy at Urban Muser
14. Ms. Becky at Shaking the Tree
15. The ladies at The Sketchbook Challenge
Some dahlias for you . . .