Monday, September 5, 2011

More Dahlias

Dahlias come in so many beautiful shapes and colors!  It's pretty overwhelming to be in a room with hundreds of them (I should have taken a picture of that -- )

[Linkup to Picture Perfect]

I love the spidery ones -- yellow and red, purple and white -- some of them are huge.  This is one I brought home --


These are all processed partially with Nik Software's Color Efex Pro, one of a group of excellent photo processing programs I bought last spring.  So far, I've only used Color Efex and Silver Efex (haven't had the time to put in to learning the others), but they're wonderful -- they offer so many possibilities for different effects.  The one right above is supposed to look like a Polaroid picture.  The black-and-white effects you can get with Silver Efex are just stunning.


The programs don't come cheap, though -- the individual programs are $100-200 each, but you can buy the whole set for $299.  That's what I did with my income tax return this year :)


Anyway, hope you enjoy the dahlias.  I have about a bazillion pictures to process.

11 comments:

Deanna said...

I love dahlias, they are absolutely gorgeous flower and your photography certainly shows that.

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks so much, Deanna --

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Beautiful! :)

Adin B

Linda said...

Absolutely Beautiful!

anne said...

The yellow dahlias is stunning. Mine is up and its here SAHM’s Online Diary
thanks!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Lovely dahlias you have.

Please come and take a peek at my Mellow Yellow, have a lovely evening.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Beautiful photos! I love the effects you have used, too!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I never realised that dahlias had so many different petal shapes!

RAINBOW DITTY

Dibs of yellow and dabs of red—
Rainbow colors go to my head!

Dashes of gold and crimson too—
Painted like this I can’t feel blue!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Sunflower Clowns

Ms. Becky said...

you've done a masterful job with these, I especially like the first yellow one with the red tips. that's the one that wants to hang on my wall! happy day to you Elise.

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Thanks so much, everyone --

EMily said...

Beautiful photos! I love the way you processed them...money well spent!