Friday, March 25, 2011

Just Jump In . . .



Welcome to my journal! I have been an educator for most of my adult life, a teacher of teachers, a writer and teacher of writers, but in the past few years, I have become a learner again and am in the process of reinventing myself. So with some confidence, at this point I can say: I am a photographer and digital artist living on the Central Coast of California. I am inspired by nature in its many forms, by the sea and its environs, by the beautiful agricultural world that encircles us in Santa Cruz and Monterey counties.

Having long contemplated beginning a blog, I've decided to just jump in. I'll be finding my way for a bit, but I want to start out by linking to some of my favorite places on the web, to people and places that have played an important role in the reinvention of this one woman:

Flypaper Textures: Jill and Paul create some of the most beautiful textures on the web, and they are very generous with their "recipes" for the pictures they create.

Cambridge in Colour: An amazing community of photographers, populated with incredibly helpful, generous and often irreverent people; includes excellent tutorials for doing the various things we do with pictures.

Kim Klassen Cafe: Kim is another very generous web resident who offers free textures to fans and who has created a number of short courses on Photoshop and textures that she offers at a very reasonable cost. Thanks, Kim!

WoodSong Nature Photography: Cindy Mead is a wonderful nature photographer and artist. Her blog is lovely, as is her website. A fierce advocate for nature in all her forms, Cindy captures its beauty in her images.




2 comments:

Kim Klassen said...

thank you so much for featuring my site here.

congrats on your new blog... all the best to you ...

have a beautiful weekend.

Unknown said...

As a woman no longer young who is somewhat behind you on the discovery trail, I find you an inspiration, Elise. Bonne continuation!